Thursday, June 26, 2014

Happy Anniversary to Me

First, the CLICHÉ, I did not imagine or expect that I would still be blogging about teaching the language and cultures of the German-speaking world a whole year from last June! On June 18, 2013, I posted my first blog entry. 28 entries later, I continue to write and to find inspiration regarding this discussion about how I teach, think about teaching, and reflect on teaching the language and cultures of the German-speaking world.

Second, the PLAN for year 2, now's there's a scary thought. I periodically ask myself, do I want to keep blogging? Do I have more things to share about teaching and learning? What else about my Austria experience do I want to share with my students?

Last, the HOPE that I have for myself. People often ask, "Looking back, what would you tell some younger/earlier version of yourself?" I am going to tell myself today what I want to hold as my wish for the next step in my developing, growing, evolving teacher-self...
Keep writing! 
Keep dreaming, innovating, and stretching for more! 
Keep wishing for a professional development opportunity that takes you to Switzerland!
Flammkuchen, Cafe Henrici, Zürich 2011

Lake Zürich, 2011

Farmers Market in Luzern, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment